Thursday, April 19, 2007

Efania - Improve Your Photography

It seems I haven't blogged for awhile until today. Yes, I was very busy for the past couple months. I was addicted with photography (and flickr). After some learning curves, my friends and I are able to manage some skills with digital photography and Photoshop.

One day, we sat down and start thinking how to share our learning experience with other people who are also very interesting into photography? From upgrading from point and shoot (P&S) digital camera/35mm film SLR to DSLR body, choosing new lenses, buying new tripod/monopod, learn how to use external flash, to basic skill of retouching digital photos with Photoshop. There are a lot of things to learn and research.

Yes, we can search for a lot of tutorials and discussions by using Google. However, information are separated and not very well organize. My friends and I really want to have 1 single place to collect tutorials and buying guide of photography matters.

That's how Efania was borned. Currently, we are hosting Efania as a Flickr group (why not? Flickr is the best online Photo social network). Each month, we pick the best photographer in our group and have him to help us to write a feature articles in our Efania blog. I'm in the process to write a lot of small open source (free) applications (Windows & Mac) for Flickr. There are a lot of things going on.

That's why I haven't blogged in my own blog for awhile. Please forgive me.

Efania: http://www.flickr.com/groups/efania
Efania Blog: http://efania.blogspot.com

No comments: