Friday, May 19, 2006

Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard)

Finally, I bought a Cingular 8125 as my next PDA phone. My previous Nokia 6680's memory card is seriously corrupted. I will ship the 6680 to update new firmware next week. See if the problem can be fixed or not. The 6680 is such a good phone, so I don't really want to put it into my gadgets junkyard that soon.

My first PDA is US Robotics Palm 500 almost 10 years ago. So I consider myself as a power PDA user. I previously owned 2 Windows CE based PDA: Philips Velo 500 and Toshiba e500. However, the experience was not very good so I always avoid use any Windows CE based PDA. I really like the new Nokia E61 (Symbrian 9.1 v3), but it doesn't come with any camera (a VGA quality camera is fine with me!!!)

The first software I have installed is the unlock software. You can find the instruction at this link. After following the procedure, I plugged in a Hong Kong wireless carrier "3" sim card and wala... it just works. Next, I installed CE-Star so my North America version of HTC Wizard can view/input Traditional/Simplified Chinese. After that, I plugged my phone to the charger and went to sleep.

Today morning, I unplugged the 8125 from the charger. Setup some (Gmail, .Mac, and 2 IMAP4 accounts for work) email accounts (Finally I decided not to use Cingular's XpressMail Personal edition. I still cannot find out the advantage using Push Email over IMAP4). Basically, my 8125 was on either 802.11b network or GPRS/EDGE for nearly 7 hours. I have turned on the bluetooth for about 30 minutes to transfer some ringtones and setup bluetooth modem with my Powerbook. The battery still has about 70% left. Impressive!!!

I will keep use this phone during the weekend and post more personal experience of this phone. Also, of course, any tips and tricks I have ever found.

1 comment:

Andreya said...

Hi Nice Blog .In any case of DIY hp laptop battery the, most important thing to remember is that you should only do the repair yourself if you are confident enough that you can fix the thing yourself. Without the right experience and the right know-how your laptop can end up more broken than when you started