Thursday, February 05, 2009
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Now, I officially announce this blog is permanently moved to WordPress. I will not post any new entry into blogger anymore. Please visit me in my new blog. Thanks.
Monday, February 02, 2009
I have installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my Acer Aspire one since the day I bought it last year. It works great but I'm getting bored of using it. Yesterday, I reinstalled the small machine with Windows 7 Beta. Windows 7 really has a big improvement on battery usage and performance. Startup time is very fast and everything works fine except my wireless adaptor doesn't work very well and missing the touchpad driver.
Luckily, I fixed the problem by download the latest Synaptics Driver and Atheros Driver.
Also, I installed Windows 7 Beta by using a 8GB USB drive. I made the USB drive bootable by using the following steps:
- Run diskpart on a Windows Vista machine as Administrator
- Type list disk to find out what is the disk number of my USB drive. In my case, it's disk 5
- Type select disk 5
- Type clean
- Type create partition primary
- Type select partition 1
- Type active
- Type format fs=fat32 quick
- Type quit to exit
- If you have Daemon Tools Lite installed, you can use it to mount the Windows 7 Beta ISO image and copy all the files into the USB drive. I don't have Daemon Tools installed on my parents Windows Vista, so I use my Mac to mount the ISO image.